Ellis pleaded guilty to one felony count of aiding and abetting false statements regarding her helping Giuliani “knowingly, willfully and unlawfully” make false statements.
Jenna Ellis is an American attorney, political commentator, and former advisor to Donald Trump. Born on July 15, 1983, in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Ellis has been involved in conservative legal advocacy and has gained public attention for her role in the legal efforts challenging the 2020 presidential election results.
- Jenna Ellis earned her law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law in Virginia.
- She worked as a law clerk for the Colorado Court of Appeals and later entered private practice as an attorney.
Conservative Legal Advocacy:
- Ellis has been an advocate for conservative causes and constitutional principles.
- She served as the director of public policy at the James Dobson Family Institute, where she focused on issues related to family, life, and religious liberty.
Relationship with Trump:
- Jenna Ellis gained prominence in the national spotlight when she joined Donald Trump’s legal team during the post-election legal challenges in 2020.
- She played a role in the legal efforts to contest the election results, challenging the legitimacy of the votes in several key battleground states.
- Ellis was part of the legal team that sought to overturn the election results based on claims of widespread voter fraud. Many of these claims were not substantiated and were rejected by courts.
- Following Trump’s departure from office in January 2021, Ellis continued to be active in conservative media, providing commentary on legal and political issues.
- She also became a senior legal advisor to the America First Policy Institute, a conservative think tank.