Scott Pruitt, the former Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, was involved in a series of controversies during his tenure leading to ethics investigations and his resignation.
- Excessive Spending: Utilizing taxpayer funds for first or business class flights, charter flights, and military aircraft, leading to unusually high travel costs.
- Security Expenditures: Expanding his security detail to unprecedented levels and incurring significant costs, including around-the-clock protection.
- Management Practices: Accusations of creating a secretive work environment at the EPA, reassigning or demoting staff who opposed his spending or management practices.
- Housing Arrangements: Leasing a condo in Washington D.C. from a lobbyist couple at a below-market rate, raising ethical concerns.
- Use of Government Resources: Allegations of using EPA staff for personal errands and tasks unrelated to his official duties.