Giuliani led Trump’s attempt to overturn the 2020 election leading to charges in Georgia, likely federal charges, and a massive judgement for defamation against poll workers.
Rudy Giuliani is an American attorney, former politician, and public figure known for his prominent role in law enforcement and politics. Born on May 28, 1944, in Brooklyn, New York, Giuliani has had a multifaceted career that includes serving as the Mayor of New York City, practicing law, and becoming a key figure in Donald Trump’s inner circle.
- Giuliani earned his law degree from New York University School of Law and began his legal career as a clerk for a federal judge.
- He later served as a U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, gaining a reputation for his efforts in prosecuting organized crime and corruption cases.
Mayor of New York City:
- Giuliani was elected as the Mayor of New York City in 1993 and served two terms from 1994 to 2001.
- He gained national prominence for his leadership during challenging times, particularly in the aftermath of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- After leaving office, Giuliani remained active in politics and law. He ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 but was not successful.
- Giuliani continued to practice law and became a prominent public speaker and television commentator.
Legal and Consulting Career:
- Giuliani worked as a private attorney and consultant, representing various clients and providing strategic advice.
- He was involved in international consulting and legal work, including for governments and corporations.
Relationship with Trump:
- Giuliani became a close advisor to Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign.
- He served as Trump’s personal attorney and played a central role in advocating for the president’s legal positions, particularly during the investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Controversies and Legal Issues:
- Giuliani’s activities related to Ukraine and his attempts to gather information on Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden, became a subject of controversy.
- In 2021, the FBI executed search warrants at Giuliani’s home and office as part of an investigation into his dealings with Ukraine.
- Giuliani continued to be involved in public life but faced increasing scrutiny over his legal activities.
- Giuliani is widely understood to be one of the designated Trump co-conspirator in Jack Smith’s federal investigation and has been charged in Georgia’s RICO case.